1 minute read
Data analytics have become the holy grail for business. They’re the driver for business decisions and product decisions, and ultimately for an enterprise’s direction and potential business outcomes. But to make the business case for an analytics solution, leaders in strategic project management roles face two common hurdles:
- They must establish clear links between an analytics solution, why it’s needed, and the business benefits the solution is intended to deliver; and
- They must continually sell stakeholders on a solution idea by involving them throughout the ideation and development process — all to overcome stakeholder objections to drive better business outcomes.
Project management leaders must likewise overcome the kinds of technical and organizational challenges that can impact an analytics solution and its eventual value. These days, the uppermost challenges are tightly linked and require a well-devised solution strategy to navigate them.
- Analytics solutions and products have become more intelligent, instrumented, and interconnected, and their complexity continues to increase exponentially.
- Solutions must be ideated and developed to integrate all required components for data, analytics, systems, platforms, software, the cloud, and users. This ensures the proposed solution meets all functional and nonfunctional user requirements.
- Project leaders must work more closely than ever with IT to create analytics apps that work in unison with connected products to generate and ingest data. This includes structuring cloud-based platforms and services to support analytics functionality.
- Leaders must constantly evaluate a solution’s purpose in driving revenue for the business. The solution must be allowed to evolve based on other identified opportunities.
New analytics solution idea. New whitepaper.
ClearObject has published a new whitepaper on how to plan and execute an analytics project successfully. The paper comes from Derek Bleyle, Product Manager for IoT and Data Analytics at ClearObject, and Matt Markiewicz, Product Owner for the IoT and Data Analytics group, who detail ClearObject’s interactive Strategy Workshop process from identifying the need for an analytics solution, to the ideate stage, to a viable product design.
Get the whitepaper now
In all, our whitepaper shows you how a Strategy Workshop helps speed and justify strategic decisions — aligned with a 6-step process from Gartner — and ultimately delivers all the proof you need to move forward in developing your analytics solution idea:
- Documentation of key personas, the problem, and goals defined in the sprint planning.
- A clear product/solution vision that can be used for internal alignment.
- A breakdown of challenges, opportunities and potential solutions in a simple visual for easy understanding.
- An objective measure of prioritization for all opportunities.
- A high-level executive summary with the opportunities and solutions identified and ClearObject SME recommendations on how to proceed.
We understand what you’re up against. For a successful analytics solution and the project that delivers it, consider our whitepaper your personal guide to making a sound business case.
ClearObject is a digital transformation leader in Internet of Things (IoT) Engineering and Analytics. As IBM Watson IoT and Google Cloud Business Partners, we deliver global embedded software development environments for our customers, and design and deliver unique data analytics digital products that help them recognize the value of their data. Our objective is clear: help the world’s best companies build intelligence into their products and gain intelligence from them. The future is clear. Do you see it?
#dataanalytics #whitepaper #analyticssolution