Last Updated / Effective Date: August 11, 2021
Please see the end of this policy for additional terms that apply to users in the EU and UK.
3. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION. ClearObject may collect and store the following types of information about you:
- Personal Information. ClearObject may collect and store Personal Information. Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate or contact a person, such as your name, business email address, business phone number, personal cell phone number, product and service selection and orders, professional or employment-related information (including information you provide when you apply for a job), and other elements that identify you individually (“Personal Information”).
- Information Automatically Collected. ClearObject may collect and store information from and about you automatically when you use the Site. For example, ClearObject may collect and store Non-Personal Information. Non-Personal Information is information or data that does not personally identify an individual person and is not readily available for that purpose (“Non-Personal Information”). ClearObject may collect information such as your type of browser, operating system, search requests, website traffic information, pages viewed the date and time you visited our Site, the amount of time you used the Site, the pages you visited on the Site, any device you are using to access the Site, geographic region, and any hyperlinks you click on when using the Site. IP numbers are not stored, but are temporarily used to determine domain type and in some cases, geographic region. We do not make any association between this information and a visitor’s identity.
4. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU.
- When You Communicate With Us. We collect Personal Information when you voluntarily provide it to us and communicate with us, for example, when you call, mail or email us.
- When You Create a ClearObject Customer Account. We collect Personal Information to create a ClearObject Customer account (“Account“). For the creation of the Account, we may collect your first and last name, company name, email address, and phone number. We may change the information we request from time-to-time, but the information we request from you will be the same type of information as listed in this Section unless otherwise stated at point of collection.
- When You Request Information. We collect Personal Information when you request information through the Site on the “Request Info” page about (i) a product or solution, (ii) a recent order or quote, (iii) a billing or tax question, (iv) an invoice payment, (v) requesting a newsletter, or (vi) anything similar. For any of these instances, we collect first and last name, company name, email address, phone number, address, and a message regarding your request. In addition, we also collect your quote, purchase order, or order number when you request information regarding a recent product order, quote, or an invoice payment. We may change the information we collect from time-to-time, but the information we request from you will be the same type of information as listed in this Section unless otherwise stated on the Site.
- Applying for Jobs with ClearObject. When you access the Careers page on the ClearObject Site, you are directed to a third-party service provider that hosts the ClearObject Careers page. If you send us a resume or other application materials to apply to work for ClearObject, we will only use those materials to evaluate your qualifications to work for ClearObject or its affiliates, and to otherwise consider or respond to your inquiry.
- Social Media. We may collect and store any information that you post on our Social Media (defined below) accounts, such as your name, social media handle, and public posts or comments you make on social media networks.
- When you Make a Purchase. We may collect Personal Information from you when you directly purchase products or services from ClearObject. The contract between ClearObject and its customers may address how we treat any information you provide us.
- What are cookies and web beacons / pixel tags? A cookie is a small text file that our Site saves onto your computer or device when you use the Site that provides us certain information about your activities. Cookies allow the Site to remember your actions and preferences and recognize you or your browser, along with some information you provided. A web beacon, also known as a web bug, is a small graphic (usually 1 pixel x 1 pixel), that is embedded in a web advertisement, email, or page on our web site, but is invisible to you. When you view a page on our web site, an email or an advertisement your web browser will request the web beacon from a web server, which in turn will set a cookie in your web browser containing a unique identifier. This unique identifier will be linked to log information that is used to track your movements on our web site in order to determine the effectiveness of content and advertising campaigns.
- make our Site function properly;
- allow you to access your Account information (stored on our computers);
- provide us and our service provides with information that we will use to provide personalized experiences, such as to change the language on the Site;
- tailor our interactions with you;
- help with our marketing efforts;
- provide us with valuable data and statistics about the usage and effectiveness of our Site and to help us improve our Site;
- measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and understand engagement with our emails (such as if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded); and
- help us improve our services.
- What type of information do Cookies collect? The Cookies on our Site may collect information such as:
- IP addresses assigned to the computers and other devices you use;
- your internet service provider;
- device ID number;
- approximate geographic location;
- browser type;
- Site pages visited;
- websites you access before and after visiting the Site; and
- data related to how and when you use the Site (such as the pages most read, time spent, search terms, and other engagement data) or engage with our advertising or communications.
How long do Cookies last? A Cookie can either be a “session” Cookie or a “persistent” Cookie. Session Cookies exist only for so long as you are visiting the applicable Site and are typically deleted when you exit your web browser. Persistent Cookies exist for a set period of time, for example, up to several months or years. Each time you visit a Site that has implemented a persistent Cookie, the persistent Cookie is renewed and that Cookie will remain active until its predetermined expiration date. You can manually delete persistent Cookies through your browser settings.
Third-party Cookies. Cookies may either be “first-party” or “third-party” Cookies. A first-party Cookie allows your web browser to talk to the actual Site that you are visiting (i.e. this Site). A third-party Cookie allows your web browser to talk to a third-party website, such as the source of an ad that appears on the website you are visiting or a third-party analytics provider.
How do you manage Cookies or opt-out? Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can disable this function by changing your browser settings, but disabling cookies may impact your use and enjoyment of the Site. Not all features or functions of the Site may work properly if you disable Cookies. You cannot disable all Cookies, such as Cookies that are essential to the functioning of the Site.
5. CALIFORNIA’S “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNAL REQUIREMENT. We do not currently honor “do not track” requests.
6. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? We use your Personal Information in compliance with applicable laws. We use your Personal Information as was stated (or obvious) at the point of collection. We also use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To respond to your questions, comments, or complaints;
- To create and manage your Account;
- To access, manage, and use our Social Media pages;
- To review and evaluate applicants for employment, including to follow-up with references provided to us;
- To facilitate transactions, process your service requests, handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about orders;
- To send you promotions or other communications;
- To personalize your visit to our Site, and to enable us to review develop and continually improve the products services and offers we provide online;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Site;
- To improve the content and functionality of the Site and the services we provide to our customers;
- To perform statistical analysis and other analyses of the Site;
- To provide visuals and promote our products and other services sold on the site;
- To protect our legal rights or interests, or those of third parties, including to bring a legal action against you or anyone who may be causing harm to us, our Site, or to other users of the Site; and
- As requested by or consented to by you.
7. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH? We do not sell, rent or loan your Personal Information to any third party. We limit the parties with whom we share your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information with the following parties:
- Employees and Affiliates. Our employees and affiliates who have a need to know the information for our business purposes.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers and our representatives that provide certain services for ClearObject, with whom we have contracted. For example, we share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers that host and manage the Site or that provide services through the Site. We share your Personal Information with our third-party service providers to: (i) provide targeted advertising and other marketing; (ii) improve the content and functionality of the Site, (iii) perform data analysis and statistical analysis, (iv) help us with our marketing efforts; (v) help manage, administer and fulfill sales; (vi) troubleshoot problems with the Site; (vii) deliver products; and (viii) administer the job application process.
- Government Officials / Law Enforcement. We will cooperate with law enforcement and other governmental agencies, including by disclosing your Personal Information, if you are suspected of violating applicable laws. We may disclose your Personal Information to governmental officials, law enforcement or other similar governmental personnel: (i) if we believe in good faith we are legally required to disclose that Personal Information, (ii) if we are advised to disclose your Personal Information by our legal counsel, or (iii) when necessary to identify, contact or bring a legal action against someone who may cause or be causing harm to, or interfering with the legal rights of, ClearObject or any other party.
- Professional Advisors. We may share your Personal Information with our professional advisors, such as our attorneys, accountants, financial advisors and business advisors, in their capacity as advisors to ClearObject.
- Change in Ownership. In the event ClearObject is the subject of a change of control transaction such as a merger, acquisition, sale of all or substantially all of our assets or equity, in the event the Site changes ownership, in whole or in part, or in the event of a bankruptcy, receivership or similar transaction, we may provide your Personal Information to the subsequent owner(s), including as part of the due diligence process.
- Other. We may share your Personal Information with third parties when explicitly requested by or consented to by you, or for the purposes for which you disclosed the Personal Information to us as indicated at the time and point of the disclosure (or as was obvious at the time and point of disclosure from the context of collection).
8. USING AND SHARING NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION. ClearObject may collect, use, share, transfer and otherwise process Non-Personal Information received or created by ClearObject (or its third-party service providers or licensors) for any business purposes in its sole discretion, so long as such collection, use, disclosure, transfer and/or processing is in compliance with applicable laws.
9. SECURITY. ClearObject uses technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk for all Personal Information processed. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, the Site has commercially reasonable security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We use various security measures to protect the information we collect, as appropriate to the type of information, including encryption, firewalls, and access controls. We store information you provide to us on a computer system located in a controlled facility with a limited access. Visitor textual information is encrypted during transmission, our company databases are accessible only by ClearObject employees, contractors and agents on a need to know basis and who have entered into and are bound by a confidentiality and nondisclosure agreement with ClearObject. In the event that a breach into our security systems occurs and there is a possibility that an unauthorized person acquires your Personal Information, ClearObject will notify you of the breach as required under applicable law.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT NO DATA TRANSMISSION OVER THE INTERNET OR A MOBILE DEVICE CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE 100% SECURE. WHILE WE STRIVE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOU PROVIDE SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.
10. SOCIAL MEDIA. ClearObject is active on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn (“Social Media”). You have the opportunity to comment on those Social Media platforms regarding ClearObject and the programs, products and services we offer. Any content you post on a Social Media platform is public information and will be treated as non-confidential information. ClearObject reserves the right to post (or re-post) on the Site and its Social Media pages any comments or content that you post on our Social Media pages. YOU AGREE TO HOLD CLEAROBJECT AND ITS AFFILIATES HARMLESS AND WITHOUT LIABILITY FOR THE RESULTS OF ANY AND ALL CONTENT YOU POST TO CLEAROBJECT’ SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES.
For example, if you are directed to any third-party websites from the ClearObject webpage, please note that the privacy policies for those third parties govern their use of your Personal Information. We are not responsible for any information that you provide to third-party websites.
12. INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN. This Site and our services are not directed toward anyone under the age of thirteen (13) years old, and we will not intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of 13. Please do not use this Site if you are under this age.
13. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident, you have the right to obtain: (a) a list of all third parties to whom we may have disclosed your Personal Information within the past year for direct marketing purposes, and (b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed, by emailing privacy@ClearObject.com.
14. COMMUNICATING WITH YOU. ClearObject may use your Personal Information to send you email or direct mail information about ClearObject or the products or services we offer. You may opt-out of receiving certain email promotions from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the email you received, or by contacting us at privacy@ClearObject.com. You can send a letter to the following address: ClearObject, c/o Marketing Webmaster, 8626 East 116th Street, Suite 300, Fishers, IN 4603.
15. CONSENT TO PROCESSING IN THE UNITED STATES. By providing Personal Information to us, you understand and consent to the collection and processing of your Personal Information in the United States, regardless that certain governmental authorities may not consider the level of protection of Personal Information in the United States to be equivalent to that required by the European Union (“EU“) or other jurisdictions. Certain EU authorities have determined that the United States does not provide an “adequate” level of protection for the processing of Personal Information.
16. NOTICE APPLICABLE TO PERSONS LOCATED IN THE EU AND THE UNITED KINGDOM. The purpose of this Section is to provide information and additional terms that apply regarding ClearObject’s processing of personal data of persons located in the EU or United Kingdom (“UK”) in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and the UK GDPR. THIS SECTION ONLY APPLIES TO YOU IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN THE EU OR UK.
- Legal basis for processing. We have set out in the table below the reasons why we process personal data, the associated legal basis for ClearObject’s processing of such personal data, and the type of personal data.
Category Of Personal Data (See details provided above for more information)
- Contact Information (e.g., name, business email address, business phone number, personal cell phone number, mailing address, product and service selection and orders, and other elements that identify you individually)
- Information Automatically Collected (e.g., type of browser, operating system, search requests, website traffic information, pages viewed the date and time you visited our Site, the amount of time you used the Site, the pages you visited on the Site, any device you are using to access the Site, geographic region, and any hyperlinks you click on when using the Site)
ClearObject’s Purpose for Processing
- When you register and maintain a ClearObject Customer Account: To register and manage your Account and allow you to track the status of your orders. Legal Basis for the Processing: Consent, Performance of a Contract
- When you request information or provide information through the Site, over the phone, through the mail or through email: To address or respond to your requests, questions or concerns; when you sign-up to receive newsletters of information about products or services; customer and technical support, or other similar activities. Legal Basis for the Processing: Consent
- Analytics and Marketing: To analyze and improve the Site and features of the Site and content on the Site; to provide direct marketing to you about our products, services and Site. Legal Basis for the Processing: Consent
- Purchases: To sell and fulfill any order you place directly with ClearObject, including to manage collections, returns and order fulfillment. Legal Basis for the Processing:Performance of a Contract
- Analytics and Marketing: To analyze and improve the Site and features of the Site and content on the Site; to provide direct marketing to you about our products, services and Site. Legal Basis for the Processing: Consent
- Site Administration: To administer our Site (for example: troubleshooting, system maintenance and data analysis) Legal Basis for the Processing: Legitimate Interest (to effectively run our Site and administer IT Services)
- Right to Withdraw Consent. In the event you provide your consent for us to process your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing privacy@ClearObject.com to request such change at no additional cost.
- Marketing. ClearObject does not process personal data for the purpose of marketing without first obtaining your express, opt-in consent or having a legitimate interest for doing so. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING PURPOSES AT ANY TIME BY CONTACTING US AT privacy@ClearObject.com.
- Special Categories of Personal Data. “Special Categories of Personal Data” or “Special Data” is any data that reveals your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, moral or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, political views, the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of identifying a person, and data concerning health or a person’s sex life and/or sexual orientation. The data ClearObject collects and processes does not qualify as Special Data. Unless specifically requested during the job application process for those employed in the United States, we do not intend to collect any Special Data from you. Please refrain from entering, posting or sending us any Special Data.
- Data Collected Not From the Data Subject. We sometimes collect personal data from third-party sources and not the data subject themselves. For example, we receive personal data about third-parties when job applicants provide references. We only use employment reference information for the purpose of employment verification.
- Your Rights and Choices. The GDPR provides certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, you may have the following rights under the GDPR, although some exceptions apply. We will comply with any requests made relating to the following rights if required by applicable law. We may require you to prove your identity before we modify, provide, delete or transfer your personal data.
- Right of Access – You have the right to be informed of and require that we provide you a copy of the personal data we process about you.
- Right to Rectification – You have the right to request that we amend or update inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Right to Erasure (Deletion) – Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request deletion of your personal data.
- Right to Restrict – Under certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data.
- Right to Object – Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to ClearObject processing personal data, such as for direct marketing purposes or when Automated Decision making is used.
- Right to Data Portability – You have the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and further request that we send such personal data to another party.
- Communication Preferences and Opt-Outs – You have the right to stop receiving communications from us at any time by contacting privacy@ClearObject.com, at no additional cost.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint – You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority. Although you are not legally required to do so, we ask that you first contact us so we can make reasonable efforts to address your complaint.
If you have any questions about your privacy, your rights and choices, or how to exercise them, please contact us with your request at privacy@ClearObject.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time.
- Providing Personal Data due to a Contractual Requirement. You must provide personal data necessary to enter into certain agreements with ClearObject, such as in certain employment circumstances and in order to purchase products from ClearObject.
- The Consequences of not Providing Personal Data. ClearObject will not be able to provide certain services to you without processing certain personal data such as processing job applications or selling products. Furthermore, if you turn off certain tracking devices or decline certain cookies on the Site, certain features of the Site may not work.
- Data Retention. ClearObject will only keep your personal data for so long as it has a business purpose for doing so.
- Transfer to Third Parties and Countries. Personal data that we collect or receive may be transferred to and/or processed by third parties that are located outside of the EU or UK, some of which EU and UK authorities may not consider to have an adequate level of protection for personal data. ClearObject will only transfer EU and UK data subject’s personal data to third-parties located outside of the EU and UK when it has ensured appropriate safeguards for such personal data through use of the standard contractual clauses (or its successor contract), binding corporate rules, or other approved methods by the EU and UK.
- You may request a copy (which may be provided as a summary) of any such appropriate safeguards or seek inquiries regarding such safeguards by contacting us privacy@ClearObject.com. We will respond to your request or inquiry within a reasonable period of time.
Attn: Security and Compliance
8626 E 116th Street, Suite 300
Fisher IN 46038
1 (888) 850-2568