Practice Leader – ECM
The Practice Leader is an industry expert in the tools that make up their defined technical area(s). They should be members and/or leaders of user/administration groups and communities around their practice(s). They should knowhow to install the products, but more deeply know the products such that they can design deployments robustly and resolve issues as they arise. They should have strong relationships in the support communities of the products and often direct relationship with the vendors. They must be able to lead a conversation that includes the individuals leading development within those vendors. This position will be located our HQ in Fishers, IN with consideration for Chicago.
They should have a substantial personal network of skilled colleagues that are also highly skilled in the knowledge space to enable team growth and practice scalability.They should be conversing with them about engagements, problems, and issues.They should be active within technical conferences, ideally being called upon to speak on key practices or overcoming challenges with product deployment.
The Practice Leader sets the vision, standard approach, and is the voice of authority when it comes to how the product(s) operate and best practice(s) for deployment.Those skills will be leveraged specifically on how the technologies are utilized and leveraged and managed within a cloud environment(focus on maintainability, scalability, and customer performance). They have ownership of architecture and requirements with respect to managed services within a cloud-based infrastructure. They understand how to navigate client’s business requirements, technical requirements, and the competitive landscape to address customer specific solutions. Additionally, they must be able to look across customers to observe common requirements and consistent objective to use as the foundation for template architectures that embedded best practices.
They have a deep understanding ofECM (Enterprise Content Management)tools and understanding of how to integrate more than one solution in order to provide competitive advantage to our customers. This includes our directly supported products from our platform as well as additional products we may find at our customer.
In this role, you will be responsible for understanding the individual use of technologies you own, but for how those products fit into the broadInternet of Things (IoT) solution. Included in this is the identification of additional technologies that should be within our environment.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading discussions, conducting workshops and working sessions to enable individuals and teams around use cases, as well as documenting and articulating architectural recommendations and specifications
- Demonstrating experience with optimization, outsourcing services, applications management, services and data center management and enterprise architectures is preferred
- Utilize your knowledge and experience about technology, industry and business to deliver technical excellence to our clients.
- Lead/work in a thought leadership role within a dynamic environment with a process mindset
- Educating and documenting internal teams on Content & Document Management strategies and initiatives
- Documenting and communicating competitive differentiators
- Identify candidate technologies to support the resolution to customer issues
- Propose and Deploy scalable IoT technology both in deployment patterns (architectures) and the customer value proposition (functionality)
- Working withEngagement Architects,IT Architects, sellers, business partners, and business units within ClearObject as needed to create an effective blueprint for solutions
Education/ Experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or engineering related field or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years ECM/Document management experience
- Minimum of5years in software thought leadership
- Team leadership skills are required and direct team management greatly preferred
Skills and Competencies required:
- Familiarity with Linux OS
- Experience with Administration of DB2 or equivalent RDBMS
- Experience with Administration of Websphere application server
- ECM/Document Management knowledge
- BPM (Business Process Management) knowledge
- FileNet experience preferred
- FileNet Application and Administration experience
- Very familiar with Linux including scripting and administration of services
- Experience with large document repositories
- Experience with DB2 or RDBMS for large document management applications
- Knowledge of MDM (Master DataManagement) Apply in-depth understanding of best practices, key concepts, products, offerings and services within the ECM platform product suite
- Ability to articulate and compare alternative solution approaches. The candidate must be able to demonstrate creative problem solving and independently generate solutions using analytical skills and business knowledge.
- Extensive experience in managing large complex software / services projects focused on increases reliability/ asset performance.
- Extensive broad industry experience
- Ability to lead and develop business opportunities on a regional and global level.
- Stakeholder engagement and highly effective communication /influencing skills.
- Passion for innovating and leading the industry and its related markets
- Highly organized with good time management skills.
- Customer service orientation, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Analytical thinker with creative problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of the Cloud Computing Industry preferred
ClearObject helps the world’s best companies make their things for the Internet of Things. The company brings enterprise applications to the cloud, enabling global collaborative development, production and analysis of software and products in real time on individual, secure, private hybrid cloud environments. Trusted by leading brands, ClearObject’s scalable technology is supported by a team of experts and partners who share a passion for making it easier, faster and more economical to make things for the Internet of Things.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
ClearObject is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.
ClearObject employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, ClearObject may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. ClearObject collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.