Google Cloud Platform Engineer
ClearObject’s Infrastructure and Security Team is seeking a qualified individual who is responsible for architecting and supporting several Google Cloud Platform (GCP) environments. The Infrastructure and Security team ensures that our customer’s environments are designed, deployed, and supported in a safe and secure manner. The Google Cloud Platform Engineer will be architecting, supporting, and delivery-focused, with the responsibility of ensuring these environments meet ClearObject’s standards and our customers’ requirements. The GCP Infrastructure Engineer must have a passion for the Google Cloud Platform, including the Google Compute Engine, Google Storage and Databases, Google Networking, and Google Big Data.
Be a part of the team that builds the customized platform for the Internet of Things (IoT) in a manner that ensures our ability to assemble, deploy, advance, and manage a capability or offering to ClearObject customers. The role will report into the Infrastructure Manager and location preference is our Corporate HQ in Fishers, IN or our 1871 space in Chicago.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the Google Cloud Platform SME and the go-to person for designing and maintaining configurations of GCP projects owned by ClearObject & ClearObject customers in support of custom application development
- Architecture, configuration, operations, and maintenance of virtualized infrastructure and supporting software related to the infrastructure
- Responsible for numerous customer environments with multiple compute instances and day to day system administration including sizing and spacing, assuring system performance, file and storage management
- Implementation of security tools and remediation of compliance issues
- Developing and deploying automation scripts maintaining the platform instances
- Provide technical collateral and thought leadership around the adoption of the Google Cloud Platform
- Deep experience with Google Cloud Platform (certification is preferred) or another platform like Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, IBM Softlayer, or Cloud Foundry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Technology or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years’ experience in engineering & platform administration in a cloud computing environment
- 4+ years’ experience in systems/networking/infrastructure
- Automation experience regarding infrastructure deployments, patch management, and platform administration is preferred
- Experience working in virtual environments and teams
Skills Required and Competencies:
- Demonstrated Linux and Windows skills
- Good understanding of VMWare
- General cloud platform architecture
- Experience with Big Data, Analytics, PaaS, and laaS technologies; Linux; modern web design frameworks, solutions, and related technologies (HTTP, Basic/NTLM, cookies/sessions, XML/XSLT/XHTML/HTML).
- Experience with Enterprise networking concepts (DNS, TCP, Firewalls, Proxy Servers, DMZ)
- Must have a passion for learning as well as the ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT Technology space
- Collaborative, Team player
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Customer service orientation, and strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinker with creative problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and have organizational capacity to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Ability to self-manage, taking a task either individually or as part of the team, and seeing it through to completion
ClearObject helps the world’s best companies make their things for the Internet of Things. The company brings enterprise applications to the cloud, enabling global collaborative development, production and analysis of software and products in real time on individual, secure, private hybrid cloud environments. Trusted by leading brands, ClearObjects’s scalable technology is supported by a team of experts and partners who share a passion for making it easier, faster and more economical to make things for the Internet of Things.
ClearObject is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience.